Posted: Aug 10, 2012
2012 has been a full year at CBR, and we’re only halfway through. Today we want to take a moment to look back at some of our recent highlights and accomplishments – from our 20th anniversary to clinical trials and family stories. Be sure to check out the links below to read related blog posts and learn more.
To date, we’ve:
• Celebrated our 20th anniversary in June. It’s hard to believe that 20 years have passed since David Harris, Ph.D., our scientific director, collected the first cord blood stem cell sample in the world to be stored specifically for family use.
• Stored more than 400,000 children’s newborn stem cells in our state-of-the-art lab.
• Partnered with researchers at Children’s Memorial Hermann hospital and UT Health to launch first-of-its-kind trial to investigate the use of a child’s own cord blood as a treatment for sensorineural hearing loss.
• Watched with excitement as CBR parents Joani and Chad Harshman witnessed remarkable improvements in their son, Max, following an infusion of his own cord blood stem cells and other therapies.
• Launched a new CBR web site and brand identity built around “Healthy Futures Born Here.” We think our new corporate identity captures why cord blood banking and our company have the potential to help people live healthier lives…and we hope you agree.
We’re grateful to everyone who helped us achieve these accomplishments and are looking forward to the rest of 2012!